Friday, February 18, 2011

Baked Summer Sausage w/Honey & Cracked Pepper

Jay O. introduced me to this recipe (pretty sure Mrs. Cathy had something to do with it, too:)).  We made it at Thanksgiving in Dallas at my Aunt Christine's & Uncle Denton's, and made it at the Kennedy Christmas at the lake, too!  I have had a few requests for the recipe, so I thought I would share it on here as well! Very simple.

Ingredients:
1 all beef summer sausage
cracked pepper
honey
crackers (plus the cracker recipe ingredients if you would like)
sharp cheddar cheese
 

Directions:
Remove the casing from the summer sausage.
Score the sausage with a fork or knife.
Cover/Roll the sausage in honey until fully covered.
Top the honey with lots of fresh cracked black pepper.
Bake in a glass casserole dish at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes until warm, turning occasionally.
(make sure to cook it in a dish where it won't bubble over)

Serve with crackers & a block of sharp cheddar cheese for slicing.  I serve this recipe with my herbed cracker recipe.

My mother-in-law Mrs. Cathy serves this with her homemade jezzabelle sauce which I will get the recipe for!

The boys are sure to love this one!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment