Friday, February 18, 2011

*Shopping Guide*


So...I know this is off subject from my usual topic, recipes.  But I just wanted to share some of my favorite shopping sites for shoes & that must have dress or top you have been looking for!  I am somewhat of an online shopaholic or at least I love to browse :)  

There are of course the well known stores we all go to like Urban Outfitters, J. Crew, Nordstrom, Dillard's etc. but I tried to list ones that may be new to you.  Some of the sites listed are a little pricey like Farfetch & Net-a-Porter, but they are good for an occasional splurge, special occasion, or just to see what's "in"!

All of the sites below are links to their websites, so just click to shop or at least have fun taking a peek!

Clothing Sites:                        

Akira Chicago

Alice & Olivia
 

Asos

Boutique to You

Couture Candy

CUSP by Neiman's (love this site)

Farfetch

French Connection

Harmony Lane

Madewell

Mod Cloth

Net-A-Porter

Piperlime

Rachel Roy

Rent the Runway (for renting formal or cocktail dresses) 

Revolve Clothing                                                              

Seychelles

Shop Bop 

Swell

The Outnet

Top Shop

Tulle

SHOES:

Endless
 
 
Envi 

Kelsi Dagger (the site is almost up & running...love her shoes.  a lot of hers are on endless & solestruck too)
Lulu's (Very affordable prices!)                   

Lori's

Moxsie

Sole Struck "to rid the world of ugly shoes"

What A Pair (this site has a few good things 
like jeffrey campbell & the yellow box flip flops, 
but not my fav site)

Zappos 

I like Max & Chloe's Jewelry Site & 
Fantasy Jewelry Box.


Good Search Engine Sites for Shoes/Clothes/Accessories:

Shop Style

Style Find (In Style's search engine website)


VINTAGE/CRAFTY WEBSITES...you won't like everything on these sites, but you can occasionally find a unique piece of jewelry or a flirty  & fun vintage dress.  And, it's very fun to look!


Designer Social
                                                                        Dorethea's Closet
                                                                                

Etsy
 
Posh Girl Vintage

The Red Velvet Shoe

Unique Vintage (a mix of vintage & regular clothing lines.  You can usually find a cute swimsuit, too!)



Discounted Sites (these are sights you have to sign up for, and can get great discounts on designer clothes, shoes, or even vacation getaways!) 




If I think of anything I left off I will add it :)

Now, don't spend TOO much!!!

4 comments:

  1. Hannah,
    I just read all your recent blog posts and I must say I am very impressed!! I can't wait to try some of your recipes - especially those shrimp. Also, great post about online shopping. I have so much trouble shopping in NYC bc it's always crowded on the weekends so I am definitely going to hit some of these sites up. It sounds like y'all are doing great! Miss you and hope to see you in LR sometime soon.
    Natalie Murphy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awe, thank you Natalie! The shrimp were one of our favorites, I definitely recommend them! And yes, even finding the time to shop is hard so I usually resort to online shopping :) I hated that we didn't get the chance to catch up at LRAC, I love doing TBC but usually like to get in & out of there after work so I rarely do it on Tuesday nights. I hope all is going wonderfully for you in NYC & hopefully I will see you soon. Thanks for reading up on the blog! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  3. HKH~
    Thank you for including "The Shoe" in your list of vintage shopping sites...I'm looking forward to reading & attempting some of your delish recipes!
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  4. Michele,
    Of course & my pleasure! Love your site :) Thank you for stopping in to check out the blog! I have been somewhat of a slacker lately, but more recipes coming soon.

    XX
    Hannah

    ReplyDelete