Friday, February 11, 2011

Happy Birthday, Jay O. & VDay!!!

Yesterday, February 10th, Jay O. turned the big ole' 27!  It just so happened that we were snowed in Wednesday & Thursday so we turned it into a mid-week birthday extravaganza at our house Wednesday night & had supper club at the lovely Barrett & Robert Feltus's last night!  It all made out to be a great week :)

For his birthday I made my first cake from scratch.  I have helped my Mom with a red velvet cake, but have never made one all on my own.  Yes, I love to cook, but I have never been big on baking!  I found the recipe on the blog bakerella.  Find the recipe here.  It is such a cute blog!!!

The adorable measuring cups Layne got me for Valentine's Day :)
Thanks, Layne!  You're the best!!
Making the cake...
Final product,
sprinkles are Jay O.'s absolute fav!
  Barrett & Robert were so sweet.  They hung balloons that said happy birthday in the entry way of their house for supper club :)  They made shrimp & grits (delicious!) and I absolutely loved their house.  They are quite the hosts!

Jay O. & I are off to the race's tomorrow with our friends Sarah & Brady to celebrate his birthday/Valentine's day.  It should be a fun filled weekend!  I hope y'all have a very safe weekend & a happy Valentine's Day!

2 comments:

  1. Looks wonderful and super tasty!! Hope ya'll have the best weekend and tell JayO Happy Birthday from me and John!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jay O. says thanks :) I wished you & John could have made it! We had a great time!! Sarah had told me John was going to have to work :( Looking forward to seeing y'all in March if not before!

    ReplyDelete