Monday, February 14, 2011

*Chocolate Chip Muffins*

Today at work we had a Valentine's breakfast.  Since everyone wants something sweet on Valentine's I chose to make chocolate chip muffins :)  And, I had all of the ingredients on hand, so that helped out too.  I made a few for my family, too!

I hope all of you have a VERY HAPPY VALENTINE'S day with the person, or people you love most!!!

Ingredients:                         
2 cups all purpose flour
1/3 cup brown sugar
1/3 cup sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
2/3 cup milk 
1/2 cup butter (melted & at room temp)
2 eggs, beaten
1 teaspoon vanilla 
1 package 12 oz. chocolate chips (I used mini chocolate chips:))
I also made a batch of these muffins & stirred in fresh blueberries instead of chocolate chips!  They turned out great, so use whatever you prefer!!
 
Directions:
Preheat oven to 400 F. and grease muffin pan (or, I chose to use the colored paper baking cups).  This recipe makes 15 muffins.

In a large bowl, stir together flour, sugars, baking powder, and salt. In another bowl, stir together milk, eggs, butter, and vanilla until blended. Make a well in center of dry ingredients; add milk mixture and stir until combined. Stir in chocolate chips.

Spoon batter into muffin cups; bake 15-20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in center of one muffin comes out clean. Remove muffin tin to wire rack; cool 5 minutes and remove from tins to finish cooling, or simply remove the paper muffin cups! 

Now, pour yourself a big glass of milk & enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment