Tuesday, February 8, 2011

*Veggie Soup*

I made a big pot of vegetable soup last night for Jay O. & I to eat on this week.  This is stemmed from a cabbage soup recipe I like that I changed up so that Jay O. would like it, too.  I substituted zucchini & squash, & I did a small pot of cabbage for me on the side to add into my bowl :)  You can omit or replace any of the veggies to your taste.

Ingredients:                                                      
1 orange bell pepper (sliced)
1 yellow bell pepper (sliced)
1 red bell pepper (sliced)
2 cans diced tomatoes
1 pkg. baby bella mushrooms (sliced)
2 zucchini (sliced)
2 squash (sliced) 
3 carrots (sliced)
4 ribs celery (sliced)
2 pkg.'s Lipton Soup Mix
1 chicken bouillon cube
8 cups water
If you would like, you can do 1 pkg. Lipton Soup Mix & 4 cups water & don't do as many veggies.  I made a big batch so there would be plenty of leftovers for the week.
Season to taste with: salt, pepper, oregano, parsley, basil, garlic powder & hot sauce.
Optional Ingredients:  half head cabbage, spinach (I did not do spinach this time around)

Directions:

Place washed and chopped vegetables in large stockpot. Add water (amount soup mix calls for, 4 or 8 cups), stir in soup mix, bouillion and tomatoes.

Add more water if needed to fully cover all vegetables. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and cook over low until vegetables are soft.  Season to taste.  Cool, store in refrigerator.

Could you get much healthier???

No comments:

Post a Comment