Thursday, February 3, 2011

Spinach, Feta, & Chicken Quesadilla's

 Jay O. & I made these last night & loved them!  And, they are extremely simple.  If you buy the precooked chicken there is very little effort involved.  I had never thought to use feta in our quesadillas, I think I will have to from now on!

(makes 1 quesadilla)

Ingredients:
1 cup spinach (steamed and squeezed to drain)                            
1 tablespoon parsley
1 handful feta (crumbled, I used feta w/Mediterranean Herbs)
salt and pepper to taste
2 cloves garlic
2 Burrito Sized Tortillas
2 handfuls shredded Monterrey Jack cheese
grilled fajita chicken (I bought a bag of precooked Tyson Fajita Chicken to make things simple!)

Directions:
Cook the spinach in olive oil with the garlic in a skillet.
Mix the spinach, parsley, feta, salt & pepper in a bowl. 
 
Place the mixture on top of your tortilla.
Add the fajita chicken on top of the spinach.
Shred the Monterrey Jack Cheese onto the chicken.
Put the other tortilla on top, and either cook in your quesadilla maker (if you don't have one, I highly recommend it!)  OR Melt a touch of butter in a pan & cook until the quesadilla is golden brown on both sides and the cheese is melted.

AND, VOILA! (thanks Ang;))
I served mine with an organic salsa.

4 comments:

  1. Sounds amazing!! I'm definitely going to try this! Thanks, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. it was very yummy! I hope you are doing well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. it's "voila" you silly girl. PS these look delish, im always looking for new things to make. <3 you

    ReplyDelete
  4. hahaha, I had no clue how to spell it. I will admit I even googled "wala" to see what the spelling was & it obviously didn't know what I was talking about :) whoops. <3 you!

    ReplyDelete