Monday, November 1, 2010

Jalapeno Popper Dip!

This past Friday there was a Halloween Party at work & this is the dip I made to contribute.  I was very happy with the way it turned out & it seemed to be quite a hit!  I doubled the ingredients since it was for a large crowd but only used 3 fresh jalapeno peppers instead of 4...I tried to mellow out the spice since not all people like things as spicy as I do :)

Ingredients:
1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese (room temperature to make mixing easier)
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1/2 cup cheddar cheese (grated)                                      
1/2 cup parmesean cheese
1 (4 ounce) can sliced jalapenos (pickled)
2 jalapeno peppers (chopped, optional)
1/4 cup panko bread crumbs
1/4 cup parmesean cheese for the top

Directions:
1. Mix the cream cheese, mayonnaise, cheddar cheese, parmesean and jalapenos in a bowl and pour into a baking dish.
2. Mix the panko bread crumbs and parmesean and sprinkle over the dip.
3. Bake in a 375F oven until bubbling on the sides and golden brown on top, 20 min. for the regular amount, 30 if you double the ingredients
.
Recipe was courtesy of the blog, "Closet Cooking"



                          
You could get the tostito's with a hint of lime or jalapeno if you'd like!
YUM!!!

2 comments:

  1. OMG wasn't this delicious!!?? I made it for the party too, and it was the most popular thing! YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I absolutely LOVED it!!! It was a hit :) I just looked at your Halloween photos. Your costume was adorable!

    ReplyDelete