Thursday, November 11, 2010

Creamy Mashed Potato Casserole

I can say that this recipe is hands down the reason I look forward to Thanksgiving every year.  This recipe has always been in my family & I have always LOVED it.  I have never really been a turkey and dressing kind of girl, but put this in front of me & a couple of green bean bundles & I am a happy camper...and, in trouble!  

Not only is this recipe delicious, it is SIMPLE.  When I first asked my Mom for the recipe, I was astonished that it was so incredibly easy & that it even used instant potatoes!  I have to note, my Mom tried this recipe last year with real potatoes & said she would never bother going through the trouble again, so stick to this.  

I recommend you make this for this years Thanksgiving.  I promise your family will love you for it (more than they already do :)).

Ingredients:
1 Box Hungry Jack Instant Potatoes (box that serves 16-20)
1 8 oz. french onion dip
1 8 oz. cream cheese (you can get light if you want, but if you're eating this what would be the point?)
garlic salt

Directions:
Cook the potatoes according to the directions on the box, using a quarter less liquid.
After the potatoes are cooked, add garlic salt to taste
Mix in dip & cream cheese WITH A HAND BLENDER (this is a must for the creaminess).
Put potatoes in a greased pan, drizzle with melted butter & sprinkle the top with paprika.
Bake for 35 minutes at 350 degrees.

Now, you can be glad you cooked this & happy that you didn't break your budget!  Mmmmm Mmmmmmm Good!  

No comments:

Post a Comment