Monday, November 1, 2010

*Hot Cream Cheese Dip w/ Turkey*

On Saturday night we had Anna Jeter & Jimbo Ramsey's wedding which was absolutely gorgeous!  I think Anna's cake was, hands down, the prettiest I have ever seen and she made a gorgeous bride!

Before the wedding, we went over to Chris's house for a glass of vino & appetizers.  I took over the most simple dip EVER, but one of the most delicious dips ever, too!  I have already had someone text me asking me for the recipe :)  My Mom got the recipe from Mrs. Cathy Alexander & then gave it to me.  The original recipe calls for italian sausage, but I used ground turkey & added a little bit of spice.

Ingredients:
1 pkg. ground turkey (or hot turkey sausage, remove from links...I have done both)
1 pkg. 1/3 less fat cream cheese
1 can rotel
a dash of season all salt & red pepper flakes & 2 Tbsp. hot sauce (if you use regular turkey or sausage)

Directions:
Spray a sauce pan or skillet with non-stick spray & cook the meat.
Add the salt, red pepper flakes & hot sauce if you are using non spicy meat.
Once the meat is browned, add in the rotel & cream cheese.
Stir frequently until the cream cheese is melted & the dip is blended well.
Let simmer & stir occasionally until the dip slightly thickens.
Remove from heat & serve immediately with tortilla chips.

This is SO easy & everyone will love it!  And, extremely budget friendly :)

No comments:

Post a Comment