Tuesday, October 26, 2010

*Mini Mexi Meatloafs*

Tonight JayO. & I had Hatley over for dinner.  It is always such a treat having her come to the house to hang out with us, and we are loving being in the same town with her!  She was so sweet to bring us a bottle of red wine to go along with our meal, now that she is 21 and all :)


For dinner we prepared mini-Mexican meatloaf's that you prepare in muffin pan's.  I got the idea from my favorite recipe blog "Keeping up with the Joneses" & just made a few minor changes to the ingredients.  It turned out great! 


Ingredients:
1 1/2 lbs. ground lean beef
3/4 cup picante sauce
1 4 oz. can of diced green chiles, drained
1/2 cup finely crushed corn chips
1 medium onion, chopped
1 large egg, beaten
1/2 pkg taco seasoning
1 Tbsp hot sauce
1 tsp salt
Toppings:  Light Sour Cream, Salsa, Monterey-
Jack Cheese & Cilantro.



   Direcetions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees for muffin tin (375 for small loaf pan)
Combine the first 9 Ingredients in a large bowl
Stir together well (works best w/clean hands)
Place in lightly greased muffin or small love pan
Bake for 25 min. in muffin tin or 40 min. in loaf pan
Top w/salsa, light sour cream, cheese & cilantro


I served the mini mexi meatloaf's with black beans and a small side salad.

Have fun making this dish that is unlike anything you are used to in your
normal recipe rotation.  You can even use the muffin tin idea for
your favorite meatloaf recipe to change things up!

3 comments:

  1. OMG! This looks so yummy! I'm a newlywed and am always looking for new recipes to try! Great blog! I just stopped by from BlogFrog and became your new follower! Check me out when you can and I look forward to reading more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you found my blog :) I have been blogging for about 3 months now, and I am trying my best to get lots of recipes & options posted. Congrats on being a newly wed! I have been married for about a year and 1/2 now and started this blog to motivate me to find new recipes & not get into a habit of cooking the same things over & over! What's your blog site?

    ReplyDelete