Monday, April 15, 2013

*Tuna with a kick o' spice*

I love tuna fish for several reasons.  A few of those reasons being it is inexpensive, easy to make & easy to take to work, & of course I love it b/c it is high in protein :-)  I would have never thought to make tuna fish this way, especially making it spicy.  But, now that I've tried it, I will definitely use it as a staple go to recipe to make ahead for the work week.  I recommend you try it, too! 

1/3 - 1 cup of fat free yogurt (depends on your preference)                              
2 large cans tuna packed in water (or use 1 in water, 1 in oil)
cherry tomatoes, halved
2 red or green bell peppers, diced
2 hot peppers, minced (I used a Serrano)
1 bunch of fresh cilantro chopped
kosher salt & fresh ground pepper to taste
1 lime, juiced
1 tsp hot sauce

Drain tuna.  Now get to dicing, mincing, chopping, and juicing ... then simply combine all ingredients!  It's THAT easy. 

I served mine on a bed of lettuce and used a few dashes of light Italian Dressing to help mix it in well with the lettuce.

No comments:

Post a Comment