Tuesday, April 16, 2013

*Pizza Stuffed Peppers*

I don't know about you ... but, I LOVE pizza.  Last weekend at the lake I was playing loaded questions with my besties & the question came up “If you could eat any 2 foods anytime you wanted, what would they be?” and mine was pizza & ranch dressing.  No, I don’t crave pizza hut or some fast food joint but when it comes to the Chloroplast Blast or Dave’s Favorite at US Pizza … give me more please.  LOVE.  Too bad I can’t have it every other day of the week.  I guess I could, if I wanted to be a total fatty.  But, instead of feeling like an oompa loompa walking around by eating pizza & ranch every day I try to come up with new ideas like this recipe to satisfy my cravings!  Pizza flavor sans the carbs.  We loved it & it was a sinch! 


INGREDIENTS

4 Large Bell Peppers (color of your choice – I did 2 green & 2 orange)

8 oz. Mozzarella Cheese – Shredded

~ 1 Cup Pizza Sauce

1 bag turkey pepperoni, sliced into thirds

½ Cup Parmesan Cheese

Italian Seasoning or Italian Dressing Seasoning



DIRECTIONS

Preheat oven to 400° & line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.

Cut the bell peppers in half and remove the ribs and seeds.  Place pepper halves on baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes.

Layer the inside of each pepper with mozzarella cheese, sauce, & pepperoni.  Then top each pepper cup with any remaining mozzarella, and sprinkle the top with Parmesan cheese and Italian Seasoning.

Bake 20 additional minutes or until Parmesan cheese on top is golden brown.


This was simple & delish!  I served mine with a side of the bag o’ “lite Caesar Salad” you can purchase in the produce section at your local market.


No comments:

Post a Comment