Thursday, April 18, 2013

*Lowfat Creamy Guac*

Last night Jay O. & I had Chris & Rebekah over for dinner & Aunt Abigail graced us with her presence at the beginning of the night (and brought me beautiful yellow flowers!:)).  We thoroughly enjoyed catching up, telling funny stories from college, and yes I am pretty sure Chris threw out the word "fratter."  WOW.  ha.  We had some good laughs!  And, sorry Chris, had to call you out on that one! ;) 

This is the dip I made for an appetizer.  I feel like I am kind of on a yogurt kick lately - a very healthy alternative to mayo!  We all really enjoyed it & I will definitely be making it again over the summer months. 

Ingredients:
1/2 cup plain fat-free yogurt (or Greek if you prefer)                              
2-3 ripe avocados, peeled and seeded
1 clove garlic, minced
3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
1 tablespoon finely chopped seeded serrano pepper
juice of 1 lime
1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
Cavendar's Seasoning to taste
Lightly Season w/Salt and ground black pepper
Pita chips, tortilla chips, cut up veggies-for serving

Directions:
Put all ingredients in a food processor & blend until smooth! 

 I served mine w/blue corn chips :-)

P.S. I need to get a new runner!  I am sick of looking at my pics w/that in the background!

No comments:

Post a Comment