Monday, December 13, 2010

***Three Pepper Tortilla Rolls***

Jay O. & I are in a supper club & it is at a different person's house every month.  We had it at our house last week, and I have been mad at myself ever since because I took ZERO, ZIP, ZILCH pictures.  There is no excuse!  I think I was too busy preparing & then everyone got there & I was too busy taking things out of the oven/talking/sipping on my daiquiri that it slipped my mind.  whoops!  But, I think the recipes are still worthy of a post even though there are no pictures...so this one and the next few were things we prepared.  We had heavy hors d'oeuvres & cranberry daiquiri's trying to give it a holiday esque feeling :)

I promise to do my best to take pictures of our Christmas decor before it's too late!!

Three Pepper Tortilla Rolls
Ingredients:  
1 cup green bell pepper strips
1 cup red bell pepper strips
1 cup yellow bell pepper strips
1/2 cup thin onion slices
1/3 cup margarine
1 tsp cumin
8 ounces cream cheese, softened
8 ounces sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
10 (6-inch) flour tortillas
You can use whatever color bell peppers you prefer.  For the Christmas party I did red & green only, & I have made them with orange & yellow before, too :)


Directions:
Saute the bell pepper strips and onion slices in the margarine in a large skillet until softened.  Stir in the cumin.  Drain, reserving the liquid.
Beat the cream cheese, cheddar cheese, and Parmesan cheese at medium speed in a small mixing bowl until blended.  Add enough of the reserved liquid to make the desired spreading consistency.
Spoon 2 tablespoons of the cheese mixture onto each tortilla.  Top with the bell pepper mixture and roll up.  Cut each tortilla into 4 slices and secure with wooden toothpicks. 
Arrange on a baking sheet and bake at 425 degrees for 8 to 10 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment