Wednesday, March 27, 2013

*Crab & Celery Salad*


This salad is great to prepare ahead for lunch because you don’t have to worry about the lettuce wilting.  It is very refreshing so it will be a great Spring go-to salad.  I am kicking myself though, because I had a fresh container of crab from the seafood market section in Kroger … & surely enough once I was walking down the nasty canned fish isle I decided to be a cheapo & go with the basic canned crab.  Bummer.  I will say the salad was still good, but it would have been worth the extra $4.00.  I will definitely purchase the fresh crab next time and recommend you do, too!                                              
 
What it took for 1 large salad:                                                                            

2 eggs, hard-boiled and roughly chopped

4 stalks celery, diced

1(6.5 oz) can jumbo lump crab, drained

1/4 cup cherry tomatoes, halved

1/3 cup freshly chopped parsley

2 Tbs. extra-virgin olive oil

2 Tbs. fresh lemon juice

coarse salt and freshly ground pepper


Directions:

In a large bowl combine the eggs through the parsley.

In a small bowl whisk together the oil, lemon juice, a pinch of salt and pepper.

Drizzle the dressing over the crab and celery salad. Toss & serve! 



How easy is that?!

No comments:

Post a Comment