Monday, March 11, 2013

*Antipasto Skewers*

I'm baaccckkk!  And, to be honest, I am kind of embarrassed that I am giving it another shot considering it has been a little over a year since I have updated with any recipes.  My apologies!

The good news is, I now have a new job.  Which means more spare time to spend blogging, more gym time, and spending time with my wonderful fam, friends, & pups.  I couldn't be more thrilled!  And all of this = LESS STRESS.  Hooray. 

I have probably about 5 new recipes to add because I will admit I have had good intentions of blogging but have only been taking pictures on my phone & not updating all of you.  

Hopefully all of my close friends & fam have still been coming back to use a few of their fav staple recipes and now I promise to give you new variety :-) Here goes ...    


I made this recipe for our progressive dinner over the Holiday's.  We helped host the appetizer's at the lovely Feltus's.  We were going for light hors d'oeuvres/finger foods & this is what I chose.

 

- 1 cup Cherry Tomatoes 
- 1 cup Fresh Mozzarella Balls, Small
- 1 can (6 Oz. Size) Medium Black Olives 
- ¼ pounds Salami, Thinly Sliced (I did 1/2 salami, 1/2 pepperoni)
- ¼ cups Fresh Basil Leaves 
- 10 whole Cheese Tortellini 
- Balsamic Glaze, For Drizzling 




Cook the tortellini according to box directions. Once it’s al dente, drain and set aside.
Line up all your ingredients in an assembly line. Pierce each ingredient onto the skewer and slide down towards the bottom of the skewer. (I used shish kabob skewers & cut off the ends)
Think about what order you want the ingredients in so that colors and shapes complement each other. For the salami it is best to fold it in half, then in half again so it makes a triangle shape. Since our skewers were long, we put 2 of each ingredient per skewer. How you choose to assemble is up to you.
Stack antipasto skewers onto a platter and drizzle with balsamic glaze before serving.

recipe courtesy of tastykitchen.com 



No comments:

Post a Comment