Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Happy Birthday to me :))

My birthday was last Friday on April 8th.  My parents took Jay O. & I out to celebrate with a nice dinner at Ashley's at the Capitol.  My grandmother Gin-gin hosted my bridal luncheon there, and I've eaten at the Capitol Bar quite a few times but I had never dined at Ashley's...it was quite the treat!  

I took pictures of some of the delicious food that was prepared by Chef Lee Richardson  who recently won the people's choice award for best new chef in the MidWest.  The competition was put on by Food & Wine magazine.  After tasting the delectable first courses & entree's I would say he more than deserved the prize. 

Please keep in mind I took these pictures with my iPhone, so they really don't give the food's presentation justice.  And, considering my iPhone doesn't have a flash it didn't help that it was dark.  I think I should start carrying my actual camera.  Dontcha think?

 They even had my name at the top of each menu :)
I had the snails for an appetizer
This picture has a thin cracker on top that is easily broken to eat w/the snails
Picture of snails without the cracker
Diver Scallops with grilled onion & hollandaise puree for my entree
I said I didn't want dessert b/c the next day was my "actual" birthday & I knew I would have cake then 
(plus I chose to have a glass of champagne instead;))
So, they brought out a plain white plate with "Happy Birthday" written out in cursive with chocolate & a candle glued to the plate.  Pretty clever!  
And, considering I am not a huge sweets person, it was perfect.
 My Dad & Jay O. got “The Egg”: Milk Chocolate Pot de Crème with Caramel Foam and Sea Salt for their dessert.  I had a bite & it was amazzzzing.
Sorry, this one was extra blurry. 
And then, they rolled up my menu & tied it with a bow :)

Thank you Mom & Dad!  I thoroughly enjoyed it!!! 
Love y'all.

2 comments:

  1. Aw so fun!! We're eating there this weekend for our anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We thoroughly enjoyed it :)) My Dad got the quail for the first course, it was our fav, y'all should definitely try it. Y'all have fun & happy anniversary!!

    ReplyDelete