Sunday, January 5, 2014

*Poppyseed Winter Salad*

A few weeks ago I decided to have a few girls over for a Christmas dinner (the day of) & my friend Brady gave me this salad recipe for an easy go to.  I loved it so much, I have made it 3x now!  When I had my friends over, I served this salad with Poppy Seed Chicken casserole & I served this salad along with the Pesto Chicken Lasagna.  It was a great salad to go along with both of those entree's. 

Ingredients:
Romaine Lettuce or Baby Spinach Leaves (whichever you prefer)
1 bag dried cranberries
candied pecans
1 container real bacon pieces
1 container blue cheese
Kroger's Private Selection Orange Poppy Seed Dressing (any Poppy Seed Dressing will work but I LOVED this one & am not usually a huge fan of pre-made dressing)
Fresh Ground Pepper, to taste

When I made this salad the second time I added mandarin oranges & loved the pop of color it gave the salad.  I recommend adding those, too :)



Directions:
Line ingredients along salad.  Crack fresh ground pepper over top to taste.  Add salad dressing & toss to combine.

No comments:

Post a Comment