Friday, January 3, 2014

*Breakfast Enchiladas*

I made this dish when my in-law's stayed with us for Howe Christmas :)  We were all big fans of this recipe, & I loved having something different than the usual breakfast casserole!  Very easy to prepare, too. 

Ingredients:
1 lb. spicy turkey sausage (I bought links & removed casings)
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
8 (8 inch) flour tortillas (I used 50 cal tortillas)
6 eggs
1 Tbsp. all purpose flour (I used wheat)
2 cups half & half
3 oz. real bacon bits



Directions:
Cook the sausage in a frying pan.  Once cooked, combine the sausage, 1 cup of the cheese, & half of the bacon bits.  Place 1/8th of the mixture in the center of each tortilla & roll them up.  Face the tortillas seam side down in a greased baking dish.  In another bowl beat the eggs & flour.  Mix in the half & half and pour egg mixture over the top of the tortillas.  You can cook immediately or refrigerate overnight & cook the next morning.  Preheat oven to 350. Sprinkle remaining cheese & bacon bits over the top of the enchiladas before baking.  Cover with foil & bake for 35 minutes.  Uncover dish & bake an additional 10 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment