Friday, May 20, 2011

*Spicy Light Version of Bang Bang Shrimp*

Have you ever had Bonefish Grill's Bang Bang shrimp?  If not, you're missing out.  It's a mouth watering kinda' good!  I looked up the calorie/fat content of it though (wish I wouldn't have) & although the calories weren't too bad, let's just say the g of Fat were terriblleeee.  But I won't tell you just in case it's your all time fav, I don't want you to hate me forever :))

This is a non-fried version w/only 215.7 calories per serving, 7.6 g of Fat, 23.8 g of Protein, 11.9 Carbs, and only 5 Weight Watchers Points.  Yeah, that's right, don't feel guilty about this one!  I got this recipe off of Gina's Skinny.

 

Sauce Ingredients:
5 tbsp light mayonnaise
3 tbsp Thai Sweet Chili Sauce
Siracha Hot Sauce (to taste)

Shrimp:
1 lb large shrimp, shelled and deveined (weight after peeled)
2 tsp cornstarch (I used more like 2 Tbsp. to make sure shrimp were fully coated)
1 tsp canola oil
3 cups shredded iceberg lettuce
1 cup shredded purple cabbage
4 tbsp scallions, chopped


Directions:
In a medium bowl, combine mayonnaise, Thai sweet chili sauce and Sriracha. Set aside.
Combine
lettuce and cabbage and divide between four plates. Set aside.
Coat shrimp with cornstarch, mixing well with your hands. 
Heat a large skillet or wok on high heat, when hot add oil. 
When oil is hot add the shrimp to hot pan and cook tossing a few times until cooked through, about 3 minutes.  
Remove from pan and combine with the sauce coating well.  
Place shrimp on lettuce and top with scallions.

Some like it hot, hot, hot!
(yes, I just said that:)) 

4 comments:

  1. I saw this on there too!!! I loooove Bang Bang Shrimp!! My mouth is watering too! haha How was this version?

    ReplyDelete
  2. :)) It was really good! Definitely didn't have as much of the "crunch" since it wasn't fried but it tasted great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks fabulous. I'm making a shrimp pasta this weekend, but this will have to be my next Shrimp Dish to try!

    ReplyDelete