Monday, October 21, 2013

*Fall Salad*

I made this salad for supper club & LOVED it.  The salad dressing was hands down my favorite vinaigrette I have made for this time of the year.  I highly recommend it!

Sorry I forgot to take a picture :-(
 
Dressing Ingredients:
1 small shallot, finely diced
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
2 teaspoons maple syrup
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
 
Combine all ingredients in a hand blender/blender/food processor until smooth.
 
In the salad I did romaine lettuce, fresh shaved parmesan, 2 red pears (peeled & sliced), & candied pecans.
 
I served the salad with the butternut squash & spinach lasagna rolls & French bread. 
 
For appetizer I did my bacon wrapped chicken bites appetizer(I recommend marinating these overnight).  I felt like I needed to do some sort of meat so the guys wouldn't be bothered by the meatless entrée :-)  And, I did an apple crumb for dessert w/vanilla bean ice cream. 
 
Original salad dressing recipe is found here.  The original recipe has different types of lettuce, but I went with romaine since that is always a good bet with a large group of people.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment