Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Roasted Asparagus w/thyme, lemon zest & parmesan!

I am always looking for new ways to season my favorite side items & this had just the right flavor :) I highly recommend trying it!

Ingredients:
1 pound asparagus spears
1 tbsp olive oil
Kosher salt
Cracked black pepper
2 tbsp butter (I used olive oil based butter, but I recommend regular if you want to brown the butter well)
2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
2 Tsp chopped fresh thyme
1 tsp grated lemon rind
2 tbsp Parmesan

Directions:
Preheat oven to 450
Place asparagus on a baking sheet; drizzle with olive oil.
Sprinkle evenly w/salt & pepper.
Bake for 10-15 min or until tender/crisp.

Meanwhile, melt butter in a small skillet over medium heat & cook for 3 min until lightly browned.
Remove from heat & stir in lemon juice.
Drizzle butter mixture over asparagus; toss well to coat.
Lastly, sprinkle thyme, lemon rind & Parmesan on top!

I hope you enjoy it as much as we did!

I downloaded blogger+ on my iPhone tonight...my fingers are exhausted now! Goodnight :-)

2 comments:

  1. oooo i LOVE asparagus with parmesan but i've never had it with lemon zest or thyme! sounds like something i need to get going on :) love your blog girl! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks! This was a great recipe, I highly recommend it, it's a nice change to the basic asparagus but still healthy :) I just looked at your blog & became a follower, very cute!

    ReplyDelete