Monday, March 21, 2011

Hot Artichoke & Olive Dip

Last night Jay O. & I had my parents over for dinner & this is the appetizer I prepared.  We loved it, & my Dad even said it was the best dip he has had in a long time!  The recipe is stemmed from one on the PW blog, but I added a few ingredients, & made it a lighter version. 

And, just to note, I am not a fan of black olives but the olives combined with all of the other ingredients gave it the right hint of flavor!  Muy bien :)

Ingredients:
1 14 oz. can Artichoke Hearts                               
1 small can sliced black olives
8 ounces Light Cream Cheese
1 cup Light Mayo
1 whole Egg
1/2 Red onion, diced
1/2 cup grated Parmesan Cheese
4 Dashes Worcestershire Sauce
4-5 dashes hot sauce
Salt & Pepper to taste
Cayenne Pepper to the heat you desire
If you don't have Cayenne, I used ~ 1 Tbsp Taco Seasoning

Directions:
Combine all ingredients in the bowl of a food processor. 
Pulse 5 to 8 times until mixture is combined but not totally liquefied. 
Stir and check seasonings, then pour into a small casserole dish. 
Bake at 350 degrees for 20 to 25 minutes, or until hot and bubbly.

Serve with Stacy’s Simply Naked Pita chips.

No comments:

Post a Comment