Saturday, February 8, 2014

*BLT Roll Ups*

This is the recipe I made for our dear friends Megan Moore & Phil Brick's engagement party.  Megan is one of my life-long best friends & I could not be happier that she found Phil! 

I chose this appetizer because it was a mid-afternoon wine party & we were going for light finger foods that would be easy for people to pick up & eat while they were working the room :)  And, it's also good because you don't have to worry about this appetizer getting room temperature before the end of the party.

I doubled the recipe.

Ingredients:
8 burrito size tortillas
1 package 1/3 less fat cream cheese, softened
1 Tbsp. Dry Ranch Seasoning
8 pieces bacon, cooked crispy & crumbled dressing
2 roma tomatoes
2 cups shredded lettuce



Directions:
Combine cream cheese (softened) & Ranch seasoning evenly, stirring to combine.  Spread mixture in a thick line down one side of each tortilla.  Sprinkle bacon, tomatoes, and lettuce on top.  Roll up like a burrito.  Chill for at least two hours or up to overnight covered in saran wrap.  Before serving, cut the burrito's into slices.  I chose to serve mine with my low-fat ranch dipping sauce.
 
Since I'm such a dork, here is a picture of the soon to be Mr. & Mrs.!


And, a picture of what we drew for their party.  It turned out a lot better than Becca & I anticipated, thank goodness!


No comments:

Post a Comment