Thursday, November 14, 2013

*Cajun Cheesedip*

I think an appropriate name for this dip would be "Cajun Heart attack dip."  Definitely not healthy, but definitely yum.  I made this for supper club last night.  Our friend William made an amazing family red beans  & rice recipe & I made this for an app.  I will say, I made this up as I went, but I will get as close as I can!

Ingredients:
1 large block Velveeta Queso Blanco
1 can Cream of Mushroom soup
1/2 cup salsa
1 yellow onion, diced
1 lb. spicy sausage
1 bag crawfish (find this in the freezer section)
Creole Seasoning, Fresh Ground Pepper, Paprika, & Cumin to Taste

Directions:
Cook sausage & onion in a large pot over medium-high heat.  Once cooked through, add in Velveeta, Cream of Mushroom Soup, Salsa & stir to combine.  Add in Crawfish & season to taste. 

You can either make this the night before, pour into a casserole dish & bake it at 300 until heated through the next day. Or, if you make this the night of, you can simply pour the dip into a casserole dish & serve.  Sprinkle Paprika on top before serving.

Serve with toasty baguette slices or tortilla chips.

ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment