Thursday, November 14, 2013

*Redneck Caviar, y'all!*

I made this recipe for my Grandmother Gin-gin's 80th surprise birthday party.  It was such a fun celebration and great to be with my family!!!  I think I only got teary eyed, like, 10 times ... Love my Gin-gin!

This recipe would be great just as a salad, or served with tortilla chips.

Original South Georgia Caviar recipe found here.

Ingredients:

2 (15-ounce) cans black eyed peas, drained
1 (15-ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
1 (10-ounce) can diced tomatoes and green chiles (recommended: Ro-Tel)
2 cups chopped red bell pepper
1/2 cup chopped fresh jalapeno peppers
1/2 cup chopped onion
1 (8-ounce) bottle Italian Dressing
1 (4-ounce) jar chopped pimentos, drained
Season to taste with sea salt & fresh ground pepper
 
I doubled this recipe & didn't use the entire 16 oz. bottle of Italian Dressing
 
 

Directions:

In a large bowl, combine all of the ingredients and stir gently to combine. Refrigerate mixture overnight. Serve with corn chips.

 
The Mitchell clan!!! Missed the Bradley girls!

No comments:

Post a Comment